Friday, June 4, 2010

AZ Wine Country is the new Napa Valley?

On my recent road trip across the United States, I visited many places. One place I visited that really sticks out in my mind is the Napa Valley. It was really exciting because I love wine and beautiful scenery, and the Napa Valley has both.


When I moved to Flagstaff, I found out that Arizona wine country is quickly becoming more popular for local experimental wines. I went to Flagstaff wine stores to try to find some unique varietals, but couldn't find anything local until I stumbled upon Vino Loco.


I found out that they do Arizona wine tours, and was really excited to try to get my parents to come and visit me. I just know they'd love to go on an Arizona wine tour while they're out here. This is the only place I've heard of around here to do that kind of thing. A tour of the breathtaking Arizona wine country is something I can't believe more people don't offer.


I've heard of Flagstaff wine tastings, which happen to be a lot of fun. But as far as a tour of different vineyards, or going "vineyard hopping," I haven't heard anything about it until now. I think most Flagstaff wine stores have a great variety of wine, but most just carry popular brands. Vino Loco is the only one I've found that actually has a unique variety of fun, fancy and affordable bottles of wine. Now I can't wait until their next Flagstaff wine tasting.

No comments: