Thursday, April 22, 2010

In Search of Marantec

I was recently informed that the house I am currently renting is up for sale. We only have a few weeks to find a new place to live; but with the current housing market conditions this shouldn't be a problem. My room mates seem to have very specific qualities they are looking for in a new home. One of those qualities is a house with an automatic garage door. Since I've done quite a bit of research on the subject lately, I suggested that we look at the brands for a Marantec RS-02.  Even better would be to find a garage that uses the Marantec M3-3313 model remote.
In spite of that being so specific, I'm sure we'll find a home that meets all of our needs. While it would be really nice to find one that uses the Marantec M3-3313, I think we'd all be comfortable settling for the Marantec M3-2312 if that's available. Of course, we all know that is such a miniscule detail to look for in a house, and certianly wouldn't be a make-or-break-it scenario if we didn't have it.

I just happen to know how well the Marantec M3-2312 works, and that it seems to be a very popular item. That also tells me that it might not be as difficult to find as it seems. If we can't find garage door openers compatible with those remotes, we'd at least like to find one that uses the Marantec RS-02. I'm sure that we'll be happy wherever we end up. But it definitely would be nice to be able to settle into a house knowing that our garage door opener is top of the line.

No comments: